YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Job Title: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Reports To: Mother Teresa Pastor
Mother Teresa is the newest Catholic Church of the Diocese of Nashville, established in Nolensville, TN, on June 28, 2021. We celebrated our first Mass as a community on September 5th in Nolensville Elementary Gymnasium and have experienced exponential growth since our first gathering. Due to the rapid growth, we are now in a position to expand our pastoral team so that we can more effectively share the faith with the youth of the parish. Mother Teresa Catholic Church is a community centered on Christ’s presence in the Eucharist and we strive to follow the example of Mother Teresa’s joyful love for all, especially the most underprivileged. It is our goal to make Mother Teresa a second home for our families.
We are seeking a candidate to fill the position of Youth Ministry Coordinator. This position is part-time with a regular but flexible schedule to accommodate weekend and evening work.
MISSION OF THE YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
The responsibility of the Youth Ministry Coordinator will be to reach the youth of Mother Teresa and all located in Eastern Williamson County. The Youth Ministry Coordinator will help to develop and implement programs and provide opportunities for the youth to allow them to continue to grow in their faith and service toward the goal of becoming faithful and active members of the Catholic Church.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A degree in education/youth ministry/theology or a degree in another field with a certification in youth ministry or willingness to complete certification.
- Prior youth ministry experience in a multi-cultural parish setting.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Roman Catholic in good standing and a willingness to become an active registered member of Mother Teresa Catholic Church
- Appropriate self-knowledge and ability to share the Catholic faith.
- Commitment to the mission of the Church.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work within parish structures and policies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, parents, and students.
- Ability to guide and direct volunteers, both catechists and group leaders.
- Self- motivated.
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize and be flexible.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated ability to work with social media.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with an excellent benefits package. All candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background screen and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies. Email resume with cover letter to: email@example.com.
POSTING DATE: October 10, 2022